Shooting two birds with one bullet” as the cliché goes. This is exactly what the AACCUP representatives did while attending the Asia-Pacific Quality Assurance Network (APQN) conference and annual general meeting (AGM) held at Natadola, Fiji Islands last May 25-27, 2016.
The following were the respective involvement of the AACCUP representatives at Fiji Islands:
- Dr. Maria Glenda O. De Lara presented her paper entitled, “AACCUP Outcomes-Based Survey Instrument: Its Development and Validation”;
- Dr. Riceli C. Mendoza presented another paper entitled, “Assessment of Accreditation in the University of Southern Mindanao”;
- Dr. Nenita I. Prado presented the output of her research entitled, "The Ideal Accreditor of the Accrediting Agency for Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines: Commendable Practices, Challenges and Rewards”;
- Dr. Luis M. Sorolla, Jr. presided a concurrent panel session and led a discussion in other sessions;
- Dr. Manuel T. Corpus presided over a plenary assembly and attended as a newly-elected Board Member in the maiden meeting of the new APQN Board of Trustees; and Dr. Ernesto de la Cruz and Dr. Samson L. Molao have been designated to lead the discussion in the concurrent session and to lead the AACCUP team to receive the 2016 APQN Quality Award.
The group approved to support APQN’s priority programs particularly on staff capability-building, Asia-Pacific Quality Register (APQR) and attendance in its next APQN conference in Moscow, Russia.